Ampetronic FSM+SCC Field Strength Meter with Signal Connection Cables
The meter is supplied in a soft case with an audio CD with the required test signals, and full operating instructions including a guide to commissioning. The Ampetronic FSM can be used to monitor, set up or commission any induction loop system regardless of the manufacturer or type.
- Accurate set-up and commissioning
- System monitoring and maintenance
- Site surveys
- Certification to IEC60118-4:2006
- Assessment of frequency losses due to metal
- Assessment of loop coverage and overspill
- Assessment of background noise
Signal Connection Cables:
The cables allow connection from an audio source on a 3.5mm stereo jack socket such as a headphone output commonly found on most portable audio devices and laptops. They are intended to interface to a wide range of typical inputs and provide appropriate attenuation where applicable.
To determine the level of the background magnetic field present in the intended location for the loop system. Also used to measure low level signals to assess overspill outside a loop system.
- A-Weighted filter
- True RMS detection referenced to 400mA/m
- Scale -42 to -12dB
- Audio (headphone) output is post filter for monitoring
A broad band measurement to measure field strength delivered by the system.
- Broad band measurement 50Hz to 8kHz
- True RMS detection referenced to 400 mA/m
- Scale -22 to +8dB with 1dB intervals from -3 to +6dB
- Suitable for use with sine wave, pink noise, or combination signals (provided), or any other real signals
Third octave filters for measuring performance across the required frequency spectrum as required by IEC60118-4.
Used to confirm adequate power at high frequencies as required for good intelligibility. Used to assess frequency dependent loss due to metal structures, and to optimise frequency compensation.
- Third octave bands at 100Hz, 1kHz and 5kHz
- True RMS detection
- Scale resolution to 1dB
- For use with pink noise only (signal provided)
- Audio (headphone) output is post filter
Magnetic field measurement
||Vertical when unit held upright
||400mA/m (In Field strength mode)
||50Hz to 8kHz ±0.25dB
||30Hz to 10kHz -3dB
||Better than 0.5dB over all conditions
||Flying spot LED bar graph with wide viewing angle
||Colour coded (green for -3dB to +3dB)
||16Ω min (32Ω per side)
||3.5mm stereo jack connector
||2 x AA alkaline (supplied)
||Battery OK when LED illuminated
||Up to 100hrs use, dependent on use pattern
||84 x 27 x 140mm (meter only)
||150g excluding batteries
||-10 to +45°C
||10 to 85% RH