The Bosch CCSD CU Conference System Control Unit and Power Supply is the main component of the CCS1000D Digital Discussion or Conference System. It monitors and controls the system and also supplies DC power to all connected Discussion Devices (CCSD‑DS/CCSD‑DL).
The Bosch CCSD CU Control Unit and Power Supply will provide power for up to 80 desk microphone units, expandable to a maximum of 245 desk microphone units with additional Extension Units (CCSD‑EXU). There are four modes of operation (see below) selectable via front panel or integrated web browser. Featuring XLR input for floor or wireless mic, RCA line input for CD/DVD player audio, RCA output to feed external audio system, and RCA Input / Output as either Recorder, Insert, Telephone Mix, or Participant Loudspeaker (select via web browser). Simply connect a Wireless Access Point or Router for control via laptop or iPad using standard web browser.
The plug-and-play functionality of the Bosch CCSD CU Conference System Control Unit allows discussion devices and system cameras to be conveniently connected to and removed from the system as required. A power down or restart of the system is not necessary, which ensures fast installation and reconfiguration times.
Web Browser Control
Basic and advanced system settings, including microphone management, can be easily viewed and configured using a web browser interface in combination with a tablet, laptop or PC. Changes made in the web browser interface are automatically updated in the Control Unit and vice‑versa. An Energy Saving mode in the web browser interface allows the Control Unit and connected devices to automatically shut down if they are not used for two hours. When the Standby mode is selected all discussion devices are switched off which is ideal for meeting breaks.
The maximum number of microphones that can be activated at the same time by pressing the microphone buttons on the Discussion Devices can be selected with the ‘Number of Open Microphones’ (NOM) button on the Control Unit. A maximum of four microphones can be selected on the CCSD CU Control Unit, or via the web browser interface a maximum of 25.
Interruption Microphone Option
A Discussion Device can be configured as an interruption microphone that can always get the floor regardless of the number of open microphones. Typically an interruption microphone is positioned at a podium for use by guest speakers. The web browser interface allows a total of 25 Discussion Devices to be configured as interruption microphones or chairperson’s devices.
One of the following “Microphone-Modes” can be selected via a button on the front of the Bosch CCSD CU Control Unit:
- Open mode – Participants can speak by pressing their microphone buttons. When the maximum number of open microphones is reached, the next participant that presses their microphone button is added to a waiting list. The first participant in the‘waiting list’ is allowed to speak when an activated microphone is disabled.
- Override mode – Participants can override each other by pressing their microphone buttons. When the maximum number of open microphones is reached, the next participant that presses their microphone button will deactivate the microphone that has been activated for the longest time (the chairperson’s microphone is not included in the number of open microphones and, therefore, cannot be overridden by a participant)
- Voice activation mode – Participants can activate their microphones by speaking into them. A microphone can be temporarily muted by pressing and holding down the microphone button
- Push to talk (PTT) mode – Participants can speak by pushing and holding in their microphone buttons. The microphone is deactivated when the microphone button is released. The maximum number of participants that can speak is determined by the number of open microphones
Interface for Connecting Peripheral Equipment
The Bosch CCSD CU Control Unit enables the following equipment to be connected to the Digital Discussion System:
- System cameras – maximum of six HD Conference Dome cameras (ONVIF protocol compatible) can be connected to the system with native support (the camera presets can be configured in the web browser interface).
- External wired or wireless microphone – allows a guest speaker or an audience member to participate in the discussion.
- Sound reinforcement system – transmit the proceedings to an audience in the same room or an adjacent room.
- Audio equipment – broadcast music through the loudspeakers of the discussion system.
- External audio processor – modify the floor signal distributed to the participant loudspeakers and headphones (i.e. equalizing).
- Telephone coupler – allows a remote participant to join a discussion via a telephone/video connection.
- External recorder – for recording and playing back discussions.
- PC or Laptop